QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
The QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019 is out now, covering hundreds of the world’s top universities for 48 distinct disciplines. The most extensive rankings of its kind, they’re an invaluable tool for many students, helping you to narrow down universities based on your ideal course and study destination. The rankings are calculated based on a methodology which assesses each institution on four indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, research citations per paper, and the H-index.
But what if you’re still not sure what subject you want to study? We have a light-hearted quiz on this very question, and you can read advice on how to find a course you’ll really love here. You might also like to read our course guides, which give further insight on what it’s like to study a certain subject, what specializations you could choose from, and what careers that course could open doors to.
We’ve also published articles giving further insight on the top universities for 15 of the most popular subjects:
- Architecture: Top Architecture Schools by Region 2019
- Art and design: Top Art & Design Schools in 2019
- Business and management: Top Business Schools in 2019
- Computer science: Top Computer Science Schools in the US in 2019
- Dentistry: Scholarships for the Top Dentistry Schools in 2019
- Economics: Top Universities for Economics in 2019
- Engineering: Top Engineering Schools in 2019
- Law: Top Law Schools in 2019
- Mathematics: Top Universities for Mathematics in 2019
- Medicine: Top Medical Schools in 2019
- Physics: Top Universities for Physics in 2019
- Politics: Scholarships to Study at the 10 Top Universities for Politics in 2019
- Psychology: Top Universities for Psychology in 2019
- Theology: Top Universities for Theology in 2019
- Veterinary science: Top Universities for Veterinary Science in 2019
Want to keep up to date with more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Video by Azizan Malek for TopUniversities.com.
This article was originally published in March 2019 . It was last updated in June 2020